Skin Care for Supple Skin this Spring
Winter can be tough on the skin! Constant temperature shifts, dry air and lack of sunlight can leave your skin feeling and looking dull. With spring approaching, it’s time for a change in your skin care, for radiant, glowing, supple spring skin!
Here are our best tips for bright skin this spring:
- With winter comes smothering jackets, coats, long sleeved shirts, and thermal layers. These can trap sweat and dead skin cells, making it difficult for the skin to breathe and more prone to breakouts. Run a bath, and gently scrub your skin from head to toe, making sure to use a different exfoliator for your face than the rest of your body. We recommendAbundant Natural Health’s Exfoliating Body Bar, which is a 100% natural exfoliating body bar with organic Magnesium to rejuvenate your skin and relieve muscle aches and pains.
- Wear sunscreen! Now that the sun has come out, it is more important to protect your skin from harmful UV rays which can contribute to the formation of skin cancers and accelerate aging. Use a sunscreen, BB cream or foundation with a high SPF (of at least 30) for the best protection.
- Boost your Magnesium. Magnesium is great for the skin! As a natural antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, it may help to reduce skin redness and inflammation. Additionally, low magnesium reduces fatty acids on the surface of the skin and collagen, which leads loss of moisture and elasticity. It has a ton of benefits when ingested through diet or supplements or applied on the skin.
- Winter can leave your skin thirsty. This spring, pack on the moisturizer to rehydrate dry, flaky, and dull skin. Apply within minutes of showering or bathing as the skin is better at absorbing moisture. Do you have sensitive or problematic skin? We recommendAbundant Natural Health’s Ocean Soothe® Gel and Lotion, are rich and magnesium and have been may help control psoriasis recurrence, relieve itching, irritation, help eliminate redness, control flaking and scaling.
- Drink plenty of water. The human body is made up of 60% water. Drinking the recommended eight glasses a day can help the body flush out toxins and help your skin appear more radiant.
- Like any organ, the skin needs nutrients and oxygen. Exercise increases blood circulation to the skin to help us regulate our body temperature. This allows for the delivery of essential nutrients and minerals to help your skin help you!
- Get plenty of sleep. ‘Beauty sleep’ is a thing! While you sleep, your body is repairing and recalibrating, which includes your skin. Do away with the dark circles and give your skin the best chance to regenerate.